LIMS Integration and Automation Developer
At Garvan our research is focused upon understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing future preventions, treatments and cures. Our scientists are researchers who work towards making significant breakthroughs in scientific discovery to positively impact human health.
The Garvan Weizmann Centre for Cellular Genomics (GWCCG) will open in 2017 and is Australia’s only multidisciplinary facility for cellular genomics – the study of the molecular genetic states of thousands of individual cells. The Weizmann Institute of Science has outstanding expertise in single-cell genomics and in other key emerging technologies; the Garvan Institute of Medical Research is a leader in the analysis of cancer genomes and their behaviour and is at the forefront of genome sequencing in Australia. Together, researchers from the two institutes hope to create synergistic research platforms to advance cellular genomics and its application to a broad range of disease. In addition, the Centre’s establishment will form the foundation for a broad and enduring partnership between Garvan and the Weizmann Institute.
There is currently an opportunity for a LIMS Integration and Automation Developer who will oversee the customisation, interfacing and enhancement of the LIMS systems in the Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics (KCCG) and the newly established Garvan-Weizmann Centre for Cellular Genomics (GWCCG). LIMS Integration and Automation Developer will support the continued enhancement of the KCCG’s current implementation of the BaseSpace Clarity LIMS X as well an additional BaseSpace Clarity LIMS instance specifically catering to the needs of the GWCCG
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for enhancement and customisation for all instances of BaseSpace Clarity LIMS, including the usage of the API, and modification of workflows
- Adapt LIMS configurations to meet changes in workflows in the respective laboratories
- Resolve production lab issues and engineer long-term solutions through root cause analysis and data analytics
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for development, code review, testing, and deployment that will ensure the shipment of quality code into production
- Assist in the generation of reports by interfacing with the LIMS systems
Skills & Experience required for this role
- A bachelor degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- Accomplished software development and programing skills in Python and Java
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and SQL
- Familiarity with Clarity LIMS desirable
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of software solutions in complex settings
- Demonstrated experience in project management methodology, including planning, implementation and reporting, and the ability to assess priorities and manage competing deadlines
- The ability to integrate complex scientific equipment into LIMS existing systems
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of sound and timely technical and strategic advice
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration including superannuation contributions and generous salary packaging arrangements.
How to Apply
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria above
- Your Resume including 3 Referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / Academic transcripts
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.