Project Officer / Research Coordinator - Clinical & Health Research– CIRCA
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research (Garvan) is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes, with over 600 scientists, students and support staff. Its mission is to make significant contributions to medical research that will change the directions of science and medicine and have major impacts on human health. Garvan’s research encompasses immunology, bone biology, neuroscience, diabetes and metabolism, cancer, and genomics and epigenetics. These research activities are organised within four themes: Cancer, Inflammatory Diseases, Healthy Aging, and Genomics, and two Centres: the Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics and the Garvan-Weizmann Centre for Cellular Genomics.
With a focus on children and incurable disease, CIRCA (Clinical Immunogenomics Research Consortium of Australasia) was established as a national/trans-Tasman, Garvan-led collaboration of medical and scientific professionals to investigate the genetic causes of rare immune diseases. Our mission is to discover and understand the genetic causes of immunological diseases in individual patients. Using this information and these findings, we aspire to being able to improve outcomes for the patient, their families and other individuals with similar immune diseases.
The primary accountability of this position is to own and develop a streamlined, end-to-end project/case management process with excellent patient focussed care across all centres and play the role of a research coordinator for Clinical and Health Research for Garvan. This is a largely autonomous role with the responsibility to take decisions relating to administration and day-to-day project/case management. Such decisions will primarily have an impact on operations of the support mechanisms for CIRCA.
This position is 2/3 years full-time/ part-time fixed term employment.
Reporting to the Theme Leader Professor Stuart Tangye, the key responsibilities include:
You will have the following key skills and experience:
• Proven experience in research coordination or in area of clinical collaboration in multi stakeholder environment with at least 2 years of experience
• Previous experience working in a fast paced client focused project management environment in the health care and medical industry
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of software
• Demonstrated competence in the care and relationship management of patients with complex health issues
• Excellent time management and ability to prioritise tasks with strong planning and administrative skills
• Results-oriented with an adaptable approach
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via Garvan’s Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites/channels will unfortunately not be considered.https://garvan.applynow.net.au/jobs/GC201990
Please include the following in your application:
• A cover letter
• Your resume including at least 2 referees
• Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
This position will remain open until 20 September 2019. We are reviewing applications as they are received, as such candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.