Facilities Business Manager
Garvan operates a number of not-for-profit, cost recovery commercial laboratory services including NATA accredited state-of-the-art molecular genetics facilities which provide molecular genetics and genomics services to researchers and clinicians across Australia. These NATA accredited facilities currently include the Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics Sequencing Facility and Garvan Molecular Genetics. Garvan also operates Australian BioResources and other Facilities include Microscopy labs, Cellular Genomics services, Histopathology labs and services, and Imaging labs.
The focus of this role is to lead transformation change for the Facilities at Garvan to ensure stronger and more effective science and financial outcomes. The goals are to increase sales, streamline processes to reduce duplication, and assist each facility in being financial sustainable.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Business Manager, Business Consultant or Facilities Management professional and will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Qualification in Business or related field
- Experience working in a scientific environment (desirable)
- Track record of successful organisational change experience
- Financial knowledge to ensure that change efforts are aligned with the financial perspective of the desired business benefits
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels within the enterprise, and outside with external stakeholders
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Process improvement or re-engineering experience, combined with excellent project management experience
- Pricing, business development and sales experience ( experience with these activities in science, pharmaceutical or pathology sector is highly desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills, experience with Information technology projects
This role will be offered Full-time for a period of 3 years in the first instance
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites will unfortunately not be considered.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria above
- Your resume including at least 2 referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
Only applicants with full working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 30 April 2019.