Head Scientist, Cancer Diagnostics – Genome.One
At Genome.One, we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. How do we achieve this? Through our world-leading genome sequencing technologies – and the brilliant minds that power it.
A new opportunity exists for a Head Scientist of Cancer Diagnostics to join our expanding clinical team at Genome.One. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer - Genome.One, this position will play a critical leadership role in the introduction of next-generation-sequencing based genomic pathology for somatic cancer into the Australian market and planned expansion into the Asia-Pacific region.
The Head Scientist of Cancer Diagnostics will also be responsible for the professional, scientific, organisational, and administrative matters relating to the services offered by the laboratory, including responsibility for the accuracy, quality, relevance, timeliness and cost effectiveness of all services provided by Genome.One.
To be successful in this position, you will be a talented and analytical thinker who is motivated by being part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment like Genome.One. You will be team player and collaborator who thrives in a culture of innovation and empowerment. You will also possess the following key skills and attributes:
- A Masters or PhD in Medical Sciences, preferably with expertise in cancer genomics.
- Demonstrated prior experience in genomics, biotechnology or similar research field in any leadership capacity.
- Strong skills in managing a multi-disciplinary team, recruitment and team building, preferably in life science or pathology.
- Experience in clinical product development, preferably in pathology.
- Experience in business development and client relationship management
- Experience in overseeing quality control in a regulated (ISO) environment
- Ability to develop, manage and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Strong project management skills
Genome.one is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, which was purpose built to provide answers to life’s biggest health questions utilising a test that will revolutionise the diagnosis of genetic conditions, achieved through leading edge genome sequencing technology.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via Garvan’s careers website: http://garvan.applynow.net.au/jobs/GC201823
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter
- CV including (3) Referees
We are reviewing applications as they are received.