Communications Project Officer
Genome.One (www.genome.one) is a pioneering health information company providing genetic answers to life's biggest health questions through clinical whole genome sequencing and analysis. We aim to enhance the lives of patients, families and communities across the world by enabling the future of precision healthcare.
This opportunity is for a communications specialist to join Genome.One to implement specific strategies for the delivery of media and communications activities. This position will be worked 0.6 of FTE or across 3 days per week.
Key responsibilities of this position will be focused on enhancing the public profile of Genome.One and its products by:
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and external communications companies for media launches or campaigns;
- Developing and writing media releases and industry-focused information;
- Ensuring consistency of messaging across campaigns and information;
- Coordinating logistics for interviews, filming and photography as required;
- Assisting in preparation of staff for media relations;
- Developing genomics-related content for Genome.One team members, for presentations, publications and online usage (as appropriate);
- Overall responsibility for maintaining Genome.One’s online presence;
- Working closely with key internal and third party agencies in identifying online/digital communication opportunities;
- Developing digital channels through efficient integration of search engine optimisation, social media and the primary websites;
- Analysing and reporting on traffic to these sites using Google Analytics.
Required Skills and Experience
- Formal tertiary qualification in Journalism/Communications and or Science.
- Strong experience in writing and editing materials for a range of internal and external audiences (articles, press releases, notes for editors, briefing documents etc.)
- A track record in effectively communicating scientific research to a non-specialist audience
- A strong track record in tailoring communication to specific audiences
- Experience in interacting with journalists, science reporters and communicators, contractors and other external agencies
- Demonstrated strengths in communication, both verbal and written
- Possess excellent team working, time management and organisational skills
- Capacity to work rapidly and accurately under pressure
Genome.One is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research. Genome.One partners with organisations across Australia and the world with a focus in four areas: Disease Diagnostics, Discovery Genomics, Personal Health Genomics and Precision Health Applications.
Genome.One is Australia’s first clinical whole genome testing service to provide diagnoses that can guide the care of individuals who are affected by genetic disease and recently launched Australia’s first whole genome and health assessment service for individuals interested in understanding their health risks now and in the future.
Learn more about Genome.One at: https://www.genome.one
How to apply
Please apply via: http://garvan.applynow.net.au/jobs/GC2065
In addition to your CV and cover letter please also attach relevant qualifications.