Technology Project Manager
At Garvan our research is focused upon understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing future preventions, treatments and cures. Our scientists are researchers who work towards making significant breakthroughs in scientific discovery to positively impact human health.
Our people are no different. Like our Scientists, we only recruit the best talent in areas of Information Technology, Legal and Commercial Partnerships, Finance and Human Resources. Our support teams are experts in their fields and are driven by the dynamic culture, Innovation and cutting edge research that the Garvan offers. At Garvan no two days are the same.
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced Technology Project Manager for a six month fixed term contract with potential to become permanent. This position will report to the Chief Information Officer and will be responsible for overseeing the technical delivery of Garvan’s Technology Services’ roadmap.
This role will be responsible for the definition and delivery of the required results using the Program/Project Management disciplines and processes defined by Garvan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating clear and attainable project objectives
- Managing the key constraints for the project including all aspects of cost, time, quality and scope
- Working with the financial teams to develop the cost management system for the project while ensuring this system is adhered to by all people working on the project.
- Development of a project schedule that covers all areas of the business required to achieve the project results
- Management of project inter-dependencies is a key responsibility of this role.
- Providing reports to show the status of the project against agreed plans, with analysis of deviations and assessment of risks to future deliverables, in accordance with PMO processes and timescales.
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and attributes:
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing projects, preferably >$1m and in multi-functional environments
- Demonstrate a good understanding of project management delivery methodologies, tools & processes, particularly PMBoK.
- Ability to deliver Projects to Time, Cost & Quality to be evident.
- Has successfully led Medium Risk Projects, preferably in health, research or education industry
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies and trends, technology directions and strategic application to business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms
How to apply
To apply, please submit your application via the Garvan careers site: https://www.garvan.org.au/careers
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter
- CV including 3 Referees
We are reviewing applications as they are received. This position will remain open until filled.
Applications must be submitted via https://www.garvan.org.au/careers/career-opportunities to be considered