Developmental Scientist - Genome.One
At Genome.One, we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. How do we achieve this? Through our world-leading, Whole Genome Sequencing technology (WGS) – and the brilliant minds that power it.
A new opportunity exists for a Developmental Scientist to join our expanding clinical team at Genome.One. Reporting to the Principal Scientist - Genome.One, this position will be responsible for assisting in the development, validation, verification and implementation of method improvements and expansion of Genome.One’s test offerings. The Developmental Scientist will be able to work independently and will have a strong theoretical knowledge of genetics , genomics and of the regulatory requirements of a clinical laboratory.
To be successful in this position, you will be a talented and analytical thinker who is motivated by being part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment like Genome.One. You will be a team player and collaborator who thrives in a culture of innovation and empowerment. You will also possess the following key skills and attributes:
- Bachelor Degree in Science with a major focus on genetics required
- Higher qualification (FHGSA, MHGSA, FFSc, PhD, MSc) desirable
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of genetics and genomics required
- Previous work within a clinical laboratory required
- Previous work in methods development required
- Project management skills required
- Excellent troubleshooting skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Knowledge of basic statistics and statistical tools desirable
- Previous work in massively paralleled sequencing and Sanger sequencing desirable
- Previous use of bioinformatics tools and scripting desirable
- Knowledge of Linux based systems desirable
Genome.One is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, which was purpose built to provide answers to life’s biggest health questions utilising a test that will revolutionise the diagnosis of genetic conditions, achieved through Whole Genome Sequencing technology (WGS).
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via Garvan’s careers website:
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter
- CV including (3) Referees
We are reviewing applications as they are received. However candidates are encouraged to submit their application by: 7th July 2017.