Nurse Unit Manager - Clinical Research Facility
The Garvan Institute’s research is focused on understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing future preventions, treatments and cures. Our scientists and researchers work towards making significant breakthroughs in scientific discovery to positively impact human health.
We currently have a vacancy for a Nurse Unit Manager (0.8 FTE) to lead the Clinical Research Facility team.
The Clinical Research Facility (CRF) provides an essential resource for the conduct of clinical research for Garvan Research Groups including:
- Clinical Diabetes & Metabolism
- Clinical Insulin Resistance
- Brown Fat Physiology
- Prader-Willi Syndrome & Genetic Forms of Diabetes
- Clinical Obesity, Nutrition & Adipose Biology
The CRF also conducts:
- Sponsored Clinical Trials
- Dynamic Endocrine Testing for St Vincent’s Hospital Endocrinology Department in the Endocrine Testing Unit (ETU)
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Registered Nurse with a current licence to practice from the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Extensive clinical nursing experience
- Previous administrative or managerial experience
- Previous experience in conducting and/or co-ordinating clinical research
- Knowledge and experience of working within the ICH/GCP guidelines
- Current venepuncture /cannulation experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Computer skills (Word & Excel)
- Endocrine Nursing experience
The Clinical Research Facility Nurse Unit Manager is accountable for the coordination of all research and clinical activities within the CRF and ETU respectively and assumes the role of operational day-to-day manager of the facility and staff.
This position requires significant study participant/patient contact making good interpersonal and organisational skills essential.
Garvan offers a friendly and professional work environment onsite café, social club and close to cafes and public transport. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary, above market superannuation and attractive salary packaging options.
How to apply
Please prepare your application and submit online and including:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria above
- Your CV including 3 Referees
- Relevant Academic Transcripts / qualifications
Further enquiries should be directed to Lynne Schofield, email: email@example.com.
11 June 2017