At Garvan our research is focused upon understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing future preventions, treatments and cures. Our scientists are researchers who work towards making significant breakthroughs in scientific discovery to positively impact human health.
Our support staff are the foundation of our scientific operations and we only recruit the best talent. Our support teams are experts in their fields and are driven by the dynamic culture, innovation and cutting edge research that the Garvan offers.
We are now seeking a part-time WHS Administrator to assist and support the two WHS Coordinators in the administration of day-to-day Work Health and Safety (WHS) activities and to contribute to special WHS projects according to strategic and operational team plans. This role is offered for an initial 12 month period.
This position will work closely with the WHS Team to maintain and improve the quality and scope of safety and laboratory compliance systems and procedures including documentation, record keeping and training.
Specific formal qualifications are not required for this role, although it is anticipated that the person would have some knowledge and demonstrated experience related to the following:
- Demonstrated success and previous experience in an administrative role
- Commitment to best practice in workplace health and safety
- Demonstrated commitment to quality in all activities
- Willingness to learn new skills and be flexible in work practices
- Strong customer service ethic and approach
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Competent in the use of key desktop applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and intranet platforms)
- Previous experience within a laboratory, science or research organisation
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in WHS principles
- Knowledge of current WHS legislation and demonstrated ability to keep abreast of changes and updates
In return for your professionalism and positive attitude, you will become part of a friendly and cohesive team that is flexible and supportive.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your application via the Garvan careers site: https://www.garvan.org.au/careers
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter
- CV including 3 Referees
This position will close 4 June 2017.