Full Stack Software Engineer
Garvan is about changing the practice of medicine and has embraced genomics to drive this change. In the last 10 years, a million-fold improvement in the speed and cost of sequencing genomes has transformed our field, and more recently magical advancements have made doing genomics at the level of individual cells a reality.
We are seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join a team building a low latency scalable genome analysis platform with beautiful interfaces. Are you comfortable tackling new problems and creating innovative solutions? Do you love interacting with every facet of a business? Do you consider yourself creative, motivated, and able to take ownership of the products you build? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that embraces change? If this sounds like you, you can help us change the world and make it a better, healthier, happier place.
Proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems
Own all aspects of product development
Act as a responsible engineer for assigned products
Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
Deep dive into your users’ problems, find efficient solutions
Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
You will have the following key skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, maths, or scientific discipline and 4+ years in software engineering OR
- 6+ years in software engineering without a degree
- 2+ years of experience developing across a full-stack: web server, relational database, and client-side/front-end
Preferred Skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in web applications development
- Professional experience with multiple programming languages such as Python and Java
- Professional experience with standard front-end technologies: modern HTML, CSS,
- Proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems
- Deep understanding of web protocols
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming and design principles
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build deployment & continuous monitoring
- Experience optimizing applications for performance and scaling
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
- Proficiency in building full stack web applications from the ground up, including low-level web server operations
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites/channels will unfortunately not be considered.
Please include the following in your application:
- A cover letter
- Your resume including at least 2 referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
Only applicants with working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role.
The position will remain open until filled.