Clinical Research Coordinator
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes, with over 600 scientists, students and support staff. We pioneer study into the most widespread diseases affecting our community today, including cancer, neurodegenerative and mental diseases, disorders of the immune system, diabetes and obesity, osteoporosis and other skeletal disorders.
The Cancer Theme is an integrated series of strongly interactive research groups undertaking research aimed at increasing international knowledge on the development, progression, treatment and prevention of human cancers. The Australian Pancreatic Cancer Genome Initiative (APGI)’s mission is to accelerate the translation of scientific discoveries to improve outcomes for pancreatic cancer patients.
We are seeking to appoint a Clinical Research Coordinator to support a multi-centre, global project investigating the clinical and genetic aspects of Pancreatic Cancer. The role would work within The Australian Pancreatic Cancer Genome Initiative (APGI).
Reporting to the Project Manager – Pancreatic Cancer, the key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and assisting with management of clinical cohorts
- Biospecimen processing according to standard operating procedures
- Coordination of APGI Administrative processes such as the Avner APGI BioResource Access system.
- Assistance with coordination of collaborative projects, and liaising closely with other related research projects within the APGI.
The role will be offered part-time (3 days per week) for 1 year in the first instance. Arrangements of hours and day/s worked are negotiable.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Nursing or Allied Health Discipline
- Well developed administrative skills, with database experience
- Good communication and team-building skills
- Experience liaising with patients and clinicians highly regarded
- Previous clinical or research laboratory experience also highly regarded
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites/channels will unfortunately not be considered.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- Your resume including at least 2 referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
Only applicants with working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Enquiries should be directed to Amber Johns, APGI Project Manager at email@example.com
This role will remain open until filled. As we will be reviewing applications as they are received, we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible.