Senior Data Manager
The Australian Genomic Cancer Medicine Program (AGCMP) comprises two arms: the Molecular Screening and Therapeutics (MoST) study and the Genetic Cancer Risk in the Young (RisC) study.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Manager to curate the data and databases for various cancer genetic studies within the AGCMP.
Reporting to Dr Mandy Ballinger – Group Leader of Genetic Cancer Risk, the key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain effective quality assurance practices for all aspects of data collection, processing and publication including ensuring adherence to legal and AGCMP standards
- Streamline data collection and analysis procedures
- Maintain databases and conduct routine maintenance as needed to ensure data integrity
- Make recommendations for software, hardware and data storage upgrades
- Support others with data changes, extractions or other requirements with a keen eye for detail
- Provide advice and briefings to the management team in relation to strategic directions for data management
- Possess excellent communication skills including oral presentation and manuscript preparation
- Contribute to the development of research excellence in the AGCMP, by fostering collaborations with internal and external researchers
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently, lead projects and manage priorities
The role will be offered full-time for 2 years in the first instance.
You will possess the following key skills and qualifications:
- A PhD or other qualifications as appropriate in information technology, health information management or scientific discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education / training
- Experience in the management of large databases for epidemiological/biological research
- Extensive experience in the generation of complex data queries using a database language such as SQL
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of database design and optimisation, including researching and documenting requirements as well as scalability for future data needs, evaluation and innovation
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites/channels will unfortunately not be considered.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- Your resume including at least 2 referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
Only applicants with working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role.
The position will remain open until filled. As we will be reviewing applications as they are received, we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible.