Front-end React Engineer
Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW
This position is based in Genome.One, a wholly owned company of The Garvan Institute of Medical Research (Garvan), where we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. How do we achieve this? Through our world-leading, Whole Genome Sequencing technology (WGS) – and the brilliant minds that power it.
The Front-end React Engineer will play a critical role in working alongside our clinical and scientific staff to design and develop a new clinical genomics portal for medical staff. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work in an environment that provides a very short path from conceiving ideas to seeing them used in practice by medical staff, and hence making a direct impact on the clinical diagnosis process. The position is in the Precision Health Applications team which develops cutting edge genotype-phenotype technologies, used in production both within and outside Australia.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, delivering and supporting mission-critical, client-facing products
- Rapid ideation and implementation of complex, high-performance, highly scalable web-based applications
- Liaising with clinical and research staff to gather, weigh and discuss requirements in a facilitator role
To be successful in this position, a strong developmental ability and a knack for design thinking are a must, as is the ability to work with a variety of people, drill down their requirements into a functional, creative solution, and make your own voice heard.
You will be a talented and analytical thinker who is motivated by being part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment like Genome.one. You will be a team player and collaborator who thrives in a culture of innovation and empowerment. You will also possess the following key skills and attributes:
- A BCST / BIT / BE degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or a related field.
- Excellent understanding of information architecture, interaction design and usability
- Familiar with the Agile development process, and able to work independently, prioritise and self-manage effectively within this framework, even when working on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent ability to gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Confidence to design and execute web development work based on incomplete specifications
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical people at every level of the hierarchy.
- Displays passion and enthusiasm for the science and business of clinical genomics
- Sound working knowledge of continuous integration and source control
- Active participant in the UX community
- Close familiarity with D3 or other dynamic data-visualisation libraries built for the web
Salary offered is $73,000 pa.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites/channels will unfortunately not be considered.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- Your resume including referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
The closing date for applications is 15 June 2018.
As we will be reviewing applications as they are received, we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible.