Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW
At Garvan our research is focused upon understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing future preventions, treatments and cures. Our scientists are researchers who work towards making significant breakthroughs in scientific discovery to positively impact human health.
Our support staff are the foundation of our scientific operations and we only recruit the best talent. Our support teams are experts in their fields and are driven by the dynamic culture, innovation and cutting edge research that the Garvan offers.
We are now seeking an experienced HR Coordinator to assume responsibility for the range of day-to-day HR activities and maintain HR systems in conjunction with the HR Administrator. You will provide administrative support including coordinating staff changes, maintaining staff records, and attending to general HR enquiries.
This is a hands-on role and will be responsible for providing advice on policies and processes, onboarding new staff, and managing the Health & Wellbeing Program. This full-time role is offered for a 6-month period.
In return for your professionalism and positive attitude, you will become part of a friendly and cohesive team that is flexible and supportive. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a social, inspiring workplace, located in modern offices with onsite café and close to public transport and restaurants.
The successful candidate will be a well-organised HR Coordinator with demonstrated experience across the range of HR activities and will demonstrate the following key skills and competencies:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of employment conditions and experience in general HR policies and processes
- Strong administrative and coordination skills
- Have worked with one or more HRIS’s (preferably ADP)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Have sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work collaboratively with managers and employees at all levels
- Be a professional who can exercise sound judgement and integrity
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites/channels will unfortunately not be considered.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- Your resume including referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
Only applicants with full working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role.
As we will be reviewing applications as they are received, we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible.