Commercial Finance Manager, Genome.One & Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics
Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW
The aims of the Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics (KCCG) in the Garvan Institute of Medical Research are to deliver a comprehensive suite of genetic tests based on next generation sequencing technologies to authorised clinicians, and advance genomic research in Australia. Genome.One, a wholly owned subsidiary of Garvan, is a pioneering health information company providing genetic answers to life’s biggest health questions through state-of-the-art technology and software.
Our support staff are the foundation of our scientific operations and we only recruit the best talent. Our support teams are experts in their fields and are driven by the dynamic culture, innovation and cutting-edge research that Garvan offers.
We are currently seeking a business savvy Finance Manager to maintain the relevant business financials as well as develop complex financial forecast models, feasibility studies and business case analyses to support business growth. This maternity relief position will be offered on a full-time basis until mid-February 2019.
The key duties and responsibilities include:
- Consolidating and reporting the overall financials of Genome.One and KCCG including assisting in preparing financial statements for the Board of Directors
- Managing the company’s processes for budgeting, forecasting and month-end close
- Developing operational reports and providing commentary on key variances, business drivers and any actions required to optimise key outcomes
- Reviewing performance results, budgets and rolling forecasts for Genome.One and KCCG
- Developing financial, project and return-on-investment based models to support business case proposals and future project initiatives, ranging from short-term analyses to multi-year strategic and financial modelling
- Providing financial analysis to Genome.One and KCCG
- Implementing financial performance indicators, such as revenue and cost-related modelling and profitability analysis tools to contribute to business management processes
- Identifying areas for operational performance improvement and risk mitigation, within Genome.One and the Garvan Institute’s broader strategic objectives
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out for Genome.One and KCCG
- Working closely with the legal team for contract terms and conditions
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Degree qualified in business and economics
- CPA or CA qualification or other postgraduate qualifications in finance or accounting
- 6-7 years relevant professional/corporate experience – industry experience is not essential but would be well regarded
- Experience preparing company-wide or cross-functional financials/budgets/financial models
- Strong, demonstrated experience with complex financial models – experience with financial modelling tools would be well regarded
- Ability to present information to inform senior management quickly and effectively with quality presentation materials
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to relate to all levels of the organisation, particularly senior management
- Strong business acumen and financial analysis skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites/channels will unfortunately not be considered.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- Your resume including referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
Only applicants with working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role.
As we will be reviewing applications as they are received, we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible.