Administrative Assistant - Executive Office
Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW
At Garvan our research is focused upon understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing future preventions, treatments and cures. Our scientists are researchers who work towards making significant breakthroughs in scientific discovery to positively impact human health
Our support staff are the foundation of our scientific operations and we only recruit the best talent. Our support teams are experts in their fields and are driven by the dynamic culture, innovation and cutting edge research that the Garvan offers.
We are currently seeking a professional and friendly Administrative Assistant to work with the Executive Director’s Assistant to support the Executive Team. This is a busy role that will cover the following activities:
- Coordinate diaries and arrange appointments, meetings, functions as necessary for the Executive team
- Preparation, oversight and record keeping of correspondence, proposals, notes, agreements, presentations, etc., for the Executive team
- Organisation of travel arrangements for the Executive Team
- Assistance and liaison with internal and external committees and subcommittees as required
- Maintenance of intranet and internet as relates to the Executive Office and Board.
The role is part-time preferably 5 hours x 5 days per week (flexible). A maternity leave relief, the estimated term is until the end of October 2018 in the first instance. You will enjoy 10% superannuation and tax-free benefits.
To be successful in the position you will demonstrate the following key skills:
- Recent experience in clerical and administrative position(s) undertaking a full range of responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience using a wide range of software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Adobe Suite. This role would prefer experience on a Mac platform.
- Well-developed computer skills (e.g. problem solving capacity and ability to use new systems quickly and to use manuals, tutorials, etc.)
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills (e.g. committees, travel, meeting planning)
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site:
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A cover letter
- A recent CV
21 February 2018.
We are reviewing applications as they are received. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.