Business Solutions Architect – Information Technology
Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes, with over 600 scientists, students and support staff. We pioneer study into the most widespread diseases affecting our community today, including cancer, neurodegenerative and mental diseases, disorders of the immune system, diabetes and obesity, osteoporosis and other skeletal disorders.
As Business Solution Architect you will add depth, bandwidth and experience to the Garvan solution architecture team, and the wider Garvan IT Software Group. You will be working in a medical research environment which demands high standards.
You will use your consulting, business analysis and technical skills to understand, model and implement information systems across Garvan and its associated entities, principally from a software engineering and applications perspective. Understanding and implementing process workflows in information systems is a key requirement.
This role spans requirements, design, implementation, quality assurance, and operations (support and maintenance). The role requires some infrastructure and systems administration knowledge and experience.
You will be self-motivated, have a “can do” attitude, and be willing and able to motivate others. You will provide technical and solution leadership and be able to provide technical and career mentoring to other members of the team. You will be expected to be “hands on”.
In 2018 you will principally, although not solely, be assigned to an ERP implementation project. You will, necessarily, be exposed to the full portfolio of Garvan information systems and the Garvan technology stack.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyse, understand and change existing systems and processes
- Implement entirely new information systems
- Integrate new or existing systems with other new or existing systems in order to add, refine, or retire organisational capabilities
- Lead and/or contribute to the delivery of IT projects
- Integrating applications and/or infrastructure whether cloud based or on-premise
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant qualifications
- Minimum 8+ years' experience in information systems design and deployment in medium to large organisations with minimum of five years in large and complex architecture projects
- Ability to conduct strategic development in business aligned to technical solutions
- ERP implementation experience is a must
- Experience in developing medium-term, three-year strategic roadmaps
- Significant experience in the Architecture of Enterprise Systems and Applications
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (for example, TOGAF, Zachman)
- Understanding of ICT governance; portfolio, program and project management; and ICT service management methodologies and their application
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers website:
Please prepare and submit your application following the instructions below:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria above
- Your resume including 3 referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
Only applicants with full working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role.
We are reviewing applications as they are received. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.