Mechanical Air Conditioning Technician
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes, with over 600 scientists, students and support staff. We pioneer study into the most widespread diseases affecting our community today, including cancer, neurodegenerative and mental diseases, disorders of the immune system, diabetes and obesity, osteoporosis and other skeletal disorders.
We are currently seeking a qualified Mechanical Air Conditioning Technician to join our Operations Team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Air Conditioning Technician will have a variety of responsibilities including site facilities support and preventative maintenance at the Garvan and Kinghorn buildings.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Identifying and reporting all maintenance, remedial works, upgrades, modifications or deficiencies to management
- Maintaining costs to a minimum, while ensuring an efficient and compliant service
- Attending to service calls to air conditioning and refrigeration problems
- Participating in the on-call roster for the Operations department
- Assisting engineering personnel in general building maintenance tasks
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours for incidents/events
- Operate the computerised Building Management and Control System (BMCS)
- Ensure compliance is met regarding Work Health and Safety (WHS) and Environmental policies
The successful candidate will hold the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- NSW Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Licence
- Full Refrigerant Handling Licence ARCTICK
- A minimum of two years’ post-trade experience
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and as part of a dynamic team
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- A high attention to detail and ability to carry out high quality work consistently
- Competent in Microsoft Office products
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via Garvan’s Careers website:
As we will be reviewing applications as they are received, we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible.
Eligibility to work in Australia
Unfortunately, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Garvan. Only applicants with current, unrestricted working rights in Australia can be considered for this role.