Genetic Pathologist – Genome.One
At Genome.One, we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. How do we achieve this? Through our world-leading, Whole Genome Sequencing technology (WGS) – and the brilliant minds that power it.
A new part-time opportunity exists for a Genetic Pathologist to join our expanding clinical team at Genome.One. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer - Genome.One, this position will be responsible for providing a consultative genetic and genomic pathology service to clinicians and other health professionals. The Genetic Pathologist is a key clinician contributing to the operation of the clinical pathology components of the diagnostic services of Genome.One.
To be successful in this position, you will be a talented and analytical thinker who is motivated by being part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment like Genome.One. You will be team player and collaborator who thrives in a culture of innovation and empowerment. You will also possess the following key skills and attributes:
- Registered Medical Practitioner in Australia or eligible for such registration
- Holds or eligible for a Fellowship of the RCPA (FRCPA), or holds a specialist qualification recognised as equivalent to FRCPA, with scope of practice in Genetic Pathology, to enable recognition as a Specialist Pathologist in Australia in the discipline of Genetic/Genomic Pathology
- Experience and expertise in genomics (both diagnostic and personalised/precision healthcare) is desirable
- Interest in and understanding of bioinformatics is desirable
- Ability to work harmoniously and constructively in complex team environments to achieve goals
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively
- Ability to foster good working relationships with a wide range of clinical and other stakeholders
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise workload
Genome.One is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research. , It is Australia’s first clinically accredited (NATA/RCPA ISO15189) medical testing laboratory to offer genomic testing utilising Whole Genome Sequencing technology (WGS).
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via Genome.One’s careers website:
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter
- CV including (3) Referees
We are reviewing applications as they are received. However candidates are encouraged to submit their application by: 16th February 2018