Marketing and Communications Coordinator: Fundraising
About the Garvan Research Foundation
Established in 1981, the Garvan Research Foundation is the fundraising and marketing arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, tasked with raising and administering vital funds from individuals, trusts and foundations, and corporate and community groups. The Foundation also delivers Garvan’s public engagement and awareness activities. These educate and advocate the need for and importance of Garvan's medical research as well as share news of its progress with the broader community.
The purpose of the role
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our friendly team. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Officer - Fundraising, this role provides vital support to the Marketing and Communications team in fulfilling Garvan’s comprehensive communications program, including internal communications, analysis and reporting, content development (videos, social media, printed collateral), management of the image library, and development of a video library.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing content for, and managing the development of Garvan’s internal newsletter
- Maintaining and updating the photo gallery to ensure it is kept up-to-date
- Establishing and maintaining a video gallery
- Establishing and maintaining a log of existing video content
- Assisting with the development of printed, audio visual and digital collateral, including medial releases, news stories, brochures, web copy, photos, videos, social medial content, graphics, etc.
- Liaising with suppliers
- Assisting with other Foundation activities as required
Experience and considerations for the role
- Formal qualification in marketing, public relations or equivalent and professional experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- 3 years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Accurate and high levels of attention to detail
- Ability to manage a full workload with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a diverse group of people
- Social media content development and management experience
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with others
- Capacity to take initiative in order to achieve goals
- Photography and videography skills
- Ability to use design programs (Adobe Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Experience in a public relations agency
- Understanding of/interest in science, particularly medical research
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a social, inspiring workplace with positive career opportunities. You will be exposed to a wide range of projects and if you have an interest in science, there is no better place to work.
Located in modern offices, there is an on-site café and you are situated close to public transport and Darlinghurst’s trendy restaurants. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, not-for-profit salary packaging and above market superannuation.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via Garvan’s careers website: http://garvan.applynow.net.au/jobs/GC201834
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria above
- Your CV including 2 referees
15 January 2018