At Garvan our research is focused upon understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing future preventions, treatments and cures. Our scientists are researchers who work towards making significant breakthroughs in scientific discovery to positively impact human health
Our support staff are the foundation of our scientific operations and we only recruit the best talent. Our support teams are experts in their fields and are driven by the dynamic culture, innovation and cutting edge research that the Garvan offers.
We are currently seeking a professional and friendly Administration Assistant to work full-time with the Executive Director’s Assistant to support the Executive Team. This is a busy role that will cover the following activities:
Co-ordinate diaries and arrange appointments, meetings, functions as necessary for the Executive team
- Preparation, oversight and record keeping of correspondence, proposals, notes, agreements, presentations, etc., for the Executive team
- Organisation of travel arrangements for the Executive Team
- Assistance and liaison with internal and external committees and subcommittees as required
- Maintenance of intranet and internet as relates to the Executive Office and Board.
To be successful in the position you will demonstrate the following key skills
- Considerable, recent experience in clerical and administrative position(s) undertaking a full range of responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience using a wide range of software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Adobe Suite. This role requires experience on a Mac platform.
- Well-developed computer skills (e.g. problem solving capacity and ability to use new systems quickly and to use manuals, tutorials, etc.)
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills (e.g. committees, travel, meeting planning).
How to apply
To apply, please submit your application via the Garvan careers site: http://garvan.applynow.net.au/jobs/GC201829
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter
- A recent CV
We are reviewing applications as they are received. This position will remain open until filled.