Casual Medical Receptionist
The Garvan Institute is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutions with approximately 500 scientists, students and support staff working in research programs in Cancer, Diabetes & Obesity, Immunology & Inflammation, Osteoporosis, and Neuroscience.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Medical Receptionist to assist at the Specialist Clinical Suites at 370 Victoria Street. The position will suit an experienced and well-presented medical receptionist seeking a casual position to keep challenged while still maintaining a work/life balance.
The position is offered on a casual basis and will involve regular shifts (short shifts initially, on Wednesdays and/or Fridays, with a view to building up as we get busier) as well as leave and holiday cover.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and greeting patients and their families in a caring and compassionate manner
- Answering phones and directing queries promptly and accurately
- Receiving payments and issuing invoices/receipts using specialist medical software
- Record appointments, data entry and typing correspondence
- Liaise with GPs, staff, specialists and allied health professionals and the broader medical community
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, verbal and electronic correspondence, faxes, and ensure distribution to the correct persons
- General office duties as applicable to a premium specialist medical service
- Previous experience working in a medical practice or similar
- Previous experience with the use of medical practice management software (e.g. Genie or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Medicare Item Numbers and applications
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of the Australian healthcare system
- Experience in front desk triage
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of the Garvan Institute and the Sisters of Charity Health Service
- The ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people and personalities
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, and work productively within a team environment
As the ‘public face’ of The Garvan Institute and Kinghorn Cancer Centre we require a receptionist who is articulate, professional and well presented.
In return for your professionalism and positive attitude, you will become part of a friendly and cohesive team who are flexible and supportive.
Inquires should be directed to Karen Calayag at email@example.com
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter addressing the above criteria and resume by visiting our career site: http://garvan.applynow.net.au/jobs/GC201827
Closing date: This position will remain open until filled.