Front-end React Engineer
This position is based in Genome.One, a wholly owned company of The Garvan Institute of Medical Research (Garvan), where we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. How do we achieve this? Through our world-leading, Whole Genome Sequencing technology (WGS) – and the brilliant minds that power it.
This position is in the Precision Health Applications team which develops cutting edge genotype-phenotype technologies, used in production both within and outside Australia.
The Front-end React Engineer will play a critical role in working alongside our clinical and scientific staff to design and develop a new clinical genomics portal for medical staff. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work in an environment that provides a very short path from conceiving ideas to seeing them used in practice by medical staff, and hence making a direct impact on the clinical diagnosis process. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, delivering and supporting mission-critical, client-facing products
- Rapid ideation and implementation of complex, high-performance, highly scalable web-based applications
- Liaising with clinical and research staff to gather, weigh and discuss requirements in a facilitator role
To be successful in this position, a strong developmental ability and a knack for design thinking are a must, as is the ability to work with a variety of people, drill down their requirements into a functional, creative solution, and make your own voice heard.
You will be a talented and analytical thinker who is motivated by being part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment like Genome.one. You will be a team player and collaborator who thrives in a culture of innovation and empowerment. You will also possess the following key skills and attributes:
- A BCST / BIT / BE degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or a related field.
- Excellent understanding of information architecture, interaction design and usability
- Familiar with the Agile development process, and able to work independently, prioritise and self-manage effectively within this framework, even when working on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent ability to gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Confidence to design and execute web development work based on incomplete specifications
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical people at every level of the hierarchy.
- Displays passion and enthusiasm for the science and business of clinical genomics
- Sound working knowledge of continuous integration and source control
- Active participant in the UX community
- Close familiarity with D3 or other dynamic data-visualisation libraries built for the web
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via Garvan’s careers website: http://garvan.applynow.net.au/jobs/GC201826
We are reviewing applications as they are received. However candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.