Senior Software Engineer – Quality Assurance
At Genome.One, we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. We achieve this through our world-leading whole genome sequencing and analytics services and through the development of innovative software solutions to enable increased personalisation of healthcare.
We are now seeking a talented and highly skilled Senior Software Engineer – QA to play a critical role in building and maintaining a testing and a quality assurance process for the software developed by the Precision Health Applications team. The Senior Software Engineer – QA will have specific responsibilities to liaise with the team to understand the product requirements, design and implement testing frameworks and procedures and drive the quality assurance process of the existing and future solutions to ensure their fault tolerance and robustness in production settings.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with research and commercial stakeholders to design, prototype and deliver software solutions in a timely and reliable manner
- Design software that fits into a large, service orientated architecture with a focus on scaling to meet future needs
- Conduct research into new technological solutions and develop guidelines for implementation
- Manage a testing suite that ensures reliability of major system components and interactions
- Design and implement a quality assurance process over the entire product porfolio
- Champion continuous learning within the group to maximise internal team skill levels
- Manage architectural decisions around code reuse within projects
To be successful in this position, you will be a technically astute and a results driven individual who is motivated by being part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. You will be a team player and collaborator who thrives in a culture of innovation and delivery. You will also possess the following key skills and attributes:
- A BCST / BIT / BE degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or a related field.
- Considerable (up to 5 years), relevant experience in software engineering
- Proficient programming skills in Java 8 with the ability to work comfortably in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated experience with Spring MVC or Spring Boot, NoSQL databases and in developing Web REST APIs
- Demonstrated experience with REST API automation
- Hands on experience with JMeter or tools alike to automate existing services
- Experience with performance/stress testing applications
- Hands-on experience with micro-services-driven architectures and associated technology stack – e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch
- Demonstrated experience with dependency management and revision control software such as Maven and Git
The Precision Health Applications team focuses on implementing cutting-edge software aimed at lifting diagnosis rates by increasing the accuracy and speed of genetic testing based on existing patient information. Platforms developed by the team accelerate translational and clinical applications of genomic technologies through harmonising phenomic information and the intelligent distillation of its informative content.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via Garvan’s careers website: http://garvan.applynow.net.au/jobs/GC201825
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter
- CV including (3) Referees
We are reviewing applications as they are received. However candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.