Senior Software Engineer - Precision Health Applications
At Genome.One, we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. We achieve this through our world-leading whole genome sequencing and analytics services and through the development of innovative software solutions to enable increased personalisation of healthcare.
We are now seeking a talented and highly skilled Senior Software Engineer to play a critical role in gathering requirements and developing new components as part of the Precision Health Applications product portfolio. The incumbent will have the unique opportunity to work in an environment that provides a very short path from conceiving ideas to seeing them used in practice by medical staff, and hence making a direct impact on the clinical diagnosis process.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with research and commercial stakeholders to design, prototype and deliver software solutions in a timely and reliable manner
- Design software that fits into a large, service orientated architecture with a focus on scaling to meet future needs
- Conduct research into new technological solutions and develop guidelines for implementation
- Champion software engineering best practices within the team
To be successful in this position, you will be a technically astute and a results driven individual who is motivated by being part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. You will be a team player and collaborator who thrives in a culture of innovation and delivery. You will also possess the following key skills and attributes:
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in software design and development, operating at a senior level
- Proficient programming skills in Java (preferably experience with Java 8) with the ability to work comfortably in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated experience with Spring Boot, NoSQL databases and in developing REST APIs
- Hands-on experience with micro-services-driven architectures and associated technology stack – e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch
- Demonstrated experience with dependency management and revision control software such as Maven and Git and continuous delivery tools such as Bamboo/Jenkins
- Ability to analyse and figure out potential performance bottlenecks in the application
- Desirable experience with deploying software via the AWS stack
The Precision Health Applications team focuses on implementing cutting-edge software aimed at lifting diagnosis rates by increasing the accuracy and speed of genetic testing based on existing patient information. Platforms developed by the team accelerate translational and clinical applications of genomic technologies through harmonising phenomic information and the intelligent distillation of its informative content.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via Garvan’s careers website:
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter
- CV including (3) Referees
We are reviewing applications as they are received. However candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.