Project Officer – Discovery Genomics
At Genome.One, we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. We achieve this through our world-leading whole genome sequencing and analytics services and through the development of innovative software solutions to enable increased personalisation of healthcare.
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Project Officer to support Genome.One’s Discovery Genomics business unit. Reporting to the Scientific Officer, the Project Officer will be responsible for day-to-day customer correspondence, project initiation and coordination and various associated administrative duties, including quoting, initialisation, billing and invoicing.
Key responsibilities will include
- Deliver exceptional first point-of-contact communication to prospective customers. Provide prompt and accurate technical and logistical information.
- Manage customer interactions throughout the lifecycle of the project, in a manner that establishes credibility and trust as a leading genomics facility.
- Facilitate the initiation of each project through the creation/ review of electronic records that include accurate internal ID information.
- Contribute to the management and prioritisation of the laboratory workload to ensure that all projects are delivered within a given timeframe.
- Send interim quality control reports to customers.
- Collate, maintain and analyse client interaction data with a view to improve business relations, assisting in client retention.
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and attributes
Demonstrated project and time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Planning and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly within a multidisciplinary team and with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in finance management
- Proficient in the use of common software
- A BSc degree in science (preferably biological science) or equivalent
- Understanding of sequencing technology and genomics
- Previous customer service experience
How to apply
All applications MUST be submitted via Garvan’s careers website:
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria above
- Your Resume including 3 Referees
- Your Academic Transcripts
We are reviewing applications as they are received. This position will remain open until filled.