At Genome.One, we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. We achieve this through our world-leading whole genome sequencing and analytics services and through the development of innovative software solutions to enable increased personalisation of healthcare.
Genome.One is establishing a private clinical genetic service providing clinical services both face to face and by telephone.
The Clinical Geneticist will work with the clinical team in the establishment and ongoing provision of clinical genetic services.
This position is working 4 hours per week with the possibility of increasing to 8 hours per week.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Advancing the mission and vision of Genome.One in relation to transforming lives through genomics
- Contribution to the development of and active participation in Genome.One clinical genetics services and the ongoing improvement of these clinical services once established
- Providing expert genetic assessment and genetic counselling to individuals and families referred to Genome.One Clinical Genetic Service
- Providing clinical support/supervision to the genetic counsellors at Genome.One
- Contribution to policy development in relation to clinical governance and clinical operations
- Advancement of the understanding of genomics within the profession
To be successful in the position, you will have the following skills/qualifications and background:
- Registered Medical Practitioner in Australia
- Experience and expertise in genomics (both diagnostic and personalized/precision healthcare) is desirable
- Ability to work harmoniously and constructively in complex team environments to achieve goals
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively
- Ability to foster good working relationships with a wide range of clinical and other stakeholders
- Ability to time manage and prioritise workload
Genome.One – a wholly owned subsidiary of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research – is a pioneering health information company providing genetic answers to health questions so people, patients and families can benefit from a greater understanding of self, peace of mind and improved health outcomes.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via Garvan’s careers website: https://www.garvan.org.au/careers/career-opportunities
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter
- CV including (3) Referees
For more information contact Mary-Anne Young: email@example.com
We are reviewing applications as they are received.